Aptly automatically imports preexisting folders in your back-end email provider. Some users are more accustomed to this organization type and Aptly will accommodate this style.
In this article you will learn:
- How to move conversations to folders
- How to create new folders
- How to pin specific folders to your Inbox Views
- How to use Private Topics as a Folder alternative/complement
How to move a conversation to a preexisting or new folder
Aptly will automatically import preexisting folders from your back-end email provider.
- Click a conversation from your Inbox.
- Click the … icon in the bottom right corner of the message window.
- Click Move To.
- Select a preexisting folder or create a new one.
- To create a new folder, click Add Folder.
- Enter the name of your new folder.
- Click Save.
How to pin specific folders to your Inbox Views
If you'd like to easily access a Folder, add it to your Inbox Views.
- From your Inbox, click the More icon.
- Click Folders.
- Select the Inbox the folder is related to.
- Click the switch next to the folders you’d like to add to your Inbox views.
How to use Private Topics as a folder alternative/complement
Private Topics allow you to label and group similar conversations for easy viewing. Like folders, they’re also private and completely custom to you.
Once you’ve assigned a Private Topic to a conversation, pin the Private Topic to your Inbox Views to see all conversations associated with that Topic. Click here to learn more about Topics.