Once you’ve set up an account with Aptly, the first thing you should do is integrate your property management software.
In this article you will learn the following:
- Supported Reports
- How to Integrate Appfolio data into Aptly (Scheduled Reports)
- How to Integrate Appfolio data into Aptly (Manual Uploads)
We support the following reports:
- Tenant Directory
- Owner Directory
- Property Directory
- Unit Directory
- Vendor Directory
- Work Orders
💡 We encourage uploading all the reports in order to have a complete data set and workflows
🚨 We accept standard reports. Modifications can lead to incomplete data or import errors.
How to Integrate Appfolio data into Aptly (Scheduled Reports)
There are two ways to integrate Aptly with Appfolio:
1. Schedule automatic reports from AppFolio to Aptly. You only need to do this one time. Data will update from Appfolio to Aptly at each import. (Recommended)
2. Manually upload the reports from AppFolio. You’ll need to update the reports each time data changes in your property management software.
1. Schedule an automatic report from AppFolio to Aptly (Recommended):
1. From Aptly, click the Location icon along the left menu bar.
2. Click the settings icon ⚙️ on the top right.
3. Click on Integrations, then click on Appfolio.
4. Navigate to the Scheduled Report section, and click copy.
💡 Keep this email address handy. This is the email address you will send your all reports to. Appfolio will send these reports and our system will import them upon delivery.
5. Navigate to AppFolio and click Reporting > Reports
6. Click on the desired report. Example: Tenant Directory
7. Select Customize
8. Under Columns, select all columns
9. Under Grouping, turn grouping off
10. Click Save
11. Back on the report select Actions on the top right and select Save Layout
8. Once you have saved the layout, select Reports > Scheduled Reports
9. On the top right select New Scheduled Report
10. In the name field, type the name of the report. Example: "Tenant Directory Report"
11. From the drop-down under saved reports, click Tenant Directory
💡 the name of the saved report is the name of the Saved Layout from step 7
12. From the drop-down under Format, select CSV
13. In the recipient field, paste the email address provided by Aptly (this should be on your clipboard)
14. In the subject line you must use the following name based on the report:
Type of Report
Subject Line (Copy and Paste This)
Delinquency Report (Coming Soon)
🚨 Copy and paste the text into the subject line to ensure successful imports to Aptly
15. From the frequency drop-down, select Daily
16. Click Save
17. Follow this process for the Owner Directory, Property Directory, and Unit Directory reports
Once you’ve set this up, AppFolio will automatically send the scheduled reports to Aptly every day. This keeps AppFolio synced with Aptly.
How to Integrate Appfolio data into Aptly (Manual Uploads)
- From AppFolio, click Reporting
- Click Reports
- Click Tenant Directory
- Click Actions
- Click Export as CSV
6. From Aptly, click the Location icon along the left menu bar.
7. Click the settings icon ⚙️ on the top right.
8. Click on Integrations, then click on Appfolio.
9. Click Import Tenant Directory to upload the CSV file of your current tenants from Appfolio.
10. Repeat this process for the Owner Directory and Property Directory, and Unit Directory reports.