Aptlets are project management boards that allow you to keep track of any task, request or important information. Use this productivity tool to track everything from internal vacation requests, ad-hoc surveys, move out inspections, maintenance requests and more!
In this article you’ll learn about:
- Aptlet Dashboard
- Aptlet Board
- Aptlet Cards
Your Aptlet dashboard contains all the boards visible to you. Here you can view a quick snapshot of what’s going on in each board including when the board was updated last and how many open, unassigned and closed cards are in each board. And, see how many cards are listed in each stage.
Click on a board in your dashboard view or from the list in the left column to access the board.
Click the Star ⭐ icon next to the board title to add it to your favorites OR click on the three vertical dots next to an Aptlet Board and select Add to Favorites. Your favorite boards will then show at the top of your Aptlet Boards page!
Use the Activity Feed to quickly view the most recent changes in each board and click to view specific card details.
Add a New Board
Click Add a Board to create a new board from scratch or install one from our template gallery. Choose to make the board public to everyone in your organization, make it private just for you or invite specific team members to access including vendors outside of Aptly. Learn more here.
Aptlet boards are broken up into several vertical columns, called Stages. If needed, you can drag the Stages to rearrange them.
A Stage contains Cards and Cards are tasks to complete or information to manage.
To manage tasks in a clear and organized way, drag the card from one stage to another until the job is complete!
To create a card on an Aptlet Board, either click on the Add Item button or select the Plus icon within a Stage.
On the top left hand corner of the Aptlet page, you can also view Aptlet boards in a different formats.
- Click List to change the view to a table/excel view
- Click Group to change the view to a mix between Board and List view
- Under Reports, launch pre-made Aptlet reports, or build your own to provide insight on team productivity and performance
- Click the + Filter icon to filter your Aptlet view by built-in or custom segments like assignee, due date or tag. Use the Mine icon to view all cards assigned to you
💡 Once a public filter has been pinned on a board, everyone on your team will also have the filter pinned. The filter view will be consistent for all (excluding private filters, which remain user-specific)
🚨 If your board already had a filter before this update was made, simply un-pin and re-pin the filter for this view to take effect and become public
Each Aptlet Board has quick action items in the top right hand corner.
- Click the New Item button to create a card for the board
- Click the Activity Feed icon to see the board's activity stream
- Click the People icon to make the board public to your entire organization, private just for you or invite specific users to access
- Click the Integrations icon to set up or adjust any integration syncs
- Click the Sequences icon to create or update any sequences associated with the Aptlet board
- Click the Settings ⚙️ icon to access the Aptlet board settings. Here you can change the board's title, color, icon or delete the board entirely. You can also customize the columns in table view, integrate with other apps, import data via webform or export data to a CSV file. Learn more HERE!
Create a New Card
To create a new card, click the New Item or the plus (+) icon in the top right hand corner of a stage. Fill in the Required Fields or switch to All Fields to quickly add more information.
💡 Cards can also be created from conversations in your inbox! Use this feature to turn conversations into tasks that get completed. Learn more HERE!
💡 Customize required fields so cards contain necessary information when created. Do so through the Settings > Customize Columns page!
Click on the card to view or edit details. Here you can add sub-tasks and even create a sub-task template to streamline processes. Check off tasks as they’re completed to keep the project moving ✅
This tab allows for @ mentioning of specific team members or team members within a team. Keep tabs on internal statuses, add remarks and log reminders here!
From the related tab, view Contacts, Buildings, Cards, Events and Conversations related to that card. If there's a Contact associated with the card, click on their name under Contacts to call, text, email, schedule an event with them directly or see any history associated with them!