Aptlets are project management boards that allow you to keep track of any task, request or important information. Use this productivity tool to track everything from internal vacation requests, adhoc surveys, move out inspections, maintenance requests and more!
In this article you’ll learn:
- Aptlet Dashboard
- Aptlet Board
- Aptlet Cards
Your Aptlet dashboard contains all the boards visible to you. Here you can view a quick snapshot of what’s going on in each board including when the board was updated last and how many open, unassigned and closed cards are in each board. And, see how many cards are listed in each stage.
Click on a board in your dashboard view or from the list in the left column to access the board.
Click the star icon next to the board title to add it to your favorites. Your favorite boards will show at the top of your dashboard.
Use the Activity Stream to quickly view the most recent changes in each board and click to view specific card details.
Add a New Board
Click Add a Board to create a new board from scratch or install one from our template gallery. Choose to make the board public to everyone in your organization, make it private just for you or invite specific team members to access including vendors outside of Aptly. Learn more here.
Aptlet boards are broken up into several vertical columns, called Stages.
- If needed, drag the stages to rearrange them.
- A Stage contains Cards. Cards are tasks to complete or information to manage.
- To manage tasks in a clear and organized way, drag the card from one stage to another until the job is complete.
On the top left, you can also view Aptlet boards in a Table format.
- Click Table to change the view.
- Under reports, launch premade Aptlet reports, or build your own to provide insight on team productivity and performance.
- Click the + Filter icon to filter your board view by built-in or custom segments like assignee, due date or tag. Use the Mine icon to view all cards assigned to you.
Each Aptlet Board has quick action items in the top right corner.
- Click the people icon to make the board public to your entire organization, private just for you or invite specific users to access.
- Click the arrow icon to see the board's activity stream.
- Click the settings icon to access the board settings. Here you can change the board title, color, icon or delete the board entirely. You can also customize the columns in table view, integrate with other apps, import data via webform or export data to a CSV file. Learn more here.
Create a New Card
Create a new card by clicking New Item or the plus (+) icon in the top right corner of each stage. Fill in the Required Fields or switch to All Fields to quickly add more information.
💡 Cards can also be created from conversations in your inbox! Use this feature to turn conversations into tasks that get completed. Find out more here.
💡 Customize required fields so cards contain necessary information when created.
Click on the card to view or edit the details. Here you can add sub-tasks and even create a sub-task template to streamline processes. Check off tasks as they’re completed to keep the project moving.
💡 There are default card fields and stages for each board, but you can customize them to fit your needs. Find out how to add or edit card fields and stages here.
From the related tab, view Contacts, Buildings, Aptlets, Conversations and Events related to the card. If there's a Contact associated with the card, click on their name to call, text, email or schedule an event with them directly from the Aptlet.