With Aptly, you can generate a unique email address for Aptlet Boards. Instead of cluttering your inbox, messages sent to the board email will auto populate as cards on the board. Use this to easily track and manage leads, job applications, invoices, maintenance requests and more.
Contacts who email the board will automatically save to your contact list. Make sure to select which contact type senders should be saved as.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to generate a board email
- Use cases for board emails
How to Generate a Board Email
💡 First, make sure prospect parsing is enabled for your inbox. Go to your personal inbox settings, and select Enable Prospect Parsing.
- From your Aptlet board, click the settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Click Integrations.
- Select Board Email.
- Click the switch to enable the board email.
- Clicking the switch will automatically create a dedicated board email address. Click copy to copy the email address. If you need to delete the current board email and create a new one, click regenerate. But, proceed with caution. Make sure contacts who send messages to your board email know about the change. Data sent to an old board email will be lost.
- Select which contact type senders should be saved as from the drop down menu. Contacts who email the board will automatically save to your contact list as this contact type.
💡 Make sure to advertise your board email to contacts so they know where to submit information. You can also add it to your website, connect it with your property management software or use it as a contact method for listings.
Use Cases for Board Emails
Instead of cluttering your inbox, use a board email to track and manage information in a collaborative and organized way. Use cases for board emails are listed below.
Resident, tenant or owner leads
Add the board email to listings and advertisements. Automatically consolidate new leads to one Aptlet Board. Each lead will be its own card to track.
Use the board email for job applications. Add it to your website, so anytime someone submits a new job application a new card populates on a hiring board.
Tell vendors who submit invoices to send them via your board email. Anytime a vendor submits an invoice via email, it'll populate as a card on your Invoice board.
Communicate to residents or tenants to submit maintenance requests via your board email. Connect the board email address to your property management software or anywhere you currently receive requests. Whenever a new maintenance request is submitted, it will auto populate as a card on your maintenance request board.