Aptly allows you to mask a personal phone number to make and receive phone calls and SMS text messages. Post your masked (proxy) phone number to public websites and engage with prospects and residents without revealing your private phone number.
In this article you'll learn how to:
- Connect an individual Personal and/or Shared phone number to Aptly and pick a proxied local phone number to mask your contact information
Connect a Personal or Shared Phone to Aptly
There are three ways to connect a phone to Aptly.
- Import your existing phone number from Twilio. This is the best option if you already have an account with Twilio, you have a phone tree and/or a more advanced phone setup. Click here for instructions.
- Create a new phone number through Twilio in Aptly. This is the best option for users who don't have a phone set up yet. Click here for instructions.
- Create a new phone number through Aptly. Scroll down for instructions.
💡 We recommend using Twilio to import your existing number or create a new one.
Create a new personal phone number through Aptly
1. Click your avatar in the bottom left corner
2. Click My Profile.
3. Click Personal Phone Numbers.
4. Click New Number.
5. Under Friendly Name, enter an internal name for this phone number. For example, Christopher's phone.
6. Enter your Ring To number. This is the phone number you'd like to connect to Aptly.
7. If this phone number is being used for leasing and there is one lead source associated with it, like zillow for example, enter your lead source. (optional)
8. If this phone is associated with one location, click the plus icon to enter the location. (optional)
9. Choose if you'd like to record calls or enable caller ID.
10. If you'd like to navigate to a specific part of Aptly when you click on an incoming call notification, click the drop down under Related Action on Incoming Calls and select an action. (optional)
11. If you'd like to automatically perform an action on incoming calls, click the drop down under Call Automations and select an action. (optional)
12. If you'd like to automatically perform an action on incoming texts, click the drop down under SMS Automations and select an action. (optional)
13. Under Account, select Aptly Account if you're creating a phone number through Aptly. If you're using a Twilio account, choose your Twilio account from the dropdown.
14. Select your country and enter your state and area code.
15. Click Search.
16. Select a proxied phone number. This is the number your customer's will see. Your real "Ring-To" number will be hidden.
17. Click Create Number.
Create a new shared phone number through Aptly
1. Click settings in the bottom left corner
2. Click Shared Phone Numbers.
3. Click New Number.
4. Follow steps 5 - 12 above.
5. Select the users you'd like to access the shared phone number.
6. Follow steps 13 - 17 above.