The Lease Renewal Workflow is a template task management board created specifically to manage and track lease renewal efforts. This Workflow comes pre-configured to support communication automation and powerful add-ons that can streamline and optimize your lease renewal process.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to install, configure, and enrich the Lease Renewal Workflow
- Communication automation capabilities
- Additional features and add-ons to optimize your Lease Renewal process
Installing and Configuring the Lease Renewal Workflow
Install the Lease Renewal Workflow from the Workflow Gallery. The Workflow will be installed into your Aptly account pre-configured and available to use off-the-shelf.
Configuring your Workflow
Customize your Lease Renewal Workflow by configuring optional settings below:
• Permissions: Restrict the Workflow to a team or set of individuals. Look for the team icon in the upper-right 👪.
• Assignments: Enable round-robin assignment by team. Look for the settings wheel in the upper-right ⚙️ then Assignment Rules.
• Import Leads: Load your Workflow with renewal data from a lease renewal report exported from your PMS. Look for the settings wheel in the upper-right ⚙️, select Integrations then Spreadsheet.
• Enable Inbox Workflows: Enrich your Workflow with renewal data from PMS email notifications regarding new renewal opportunities. From the Inbox page, go to Inbox Configuration then Inbox Workflows configuring by your inbox and PMS.
Configuring Automated Communication Workflows
You can review the default communication templates that are included with the Lease Renewal Workflow and used for automated communication upon install here.
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Workflow Communication Templates
Go to your Communication settings page and locate the Communication Templates with the topic: Lease Renewals. These are the pre-installed Communication Templates that come with the Workflow.
These Communication Templates are general enough to be used without editing but if you'd like to add additional merge fields, attachments, or information specific to your business, edit (or add) Communication Templates before using this messaging.
Communication Automation Workflows
The Lease Renewal Workflow supports automated communication. Add the Lease Renewal Communication Templates to the Workflow by designating the trigger, recipient, and message.
Lease Renewal Workflow Best Practices
Review our recommended enhancements and usage and better understand the intended optimal use of the Lease Renewal Workflow.
• Integrate your Workflow with Calend.ly to allow tenants to self-schedule their annual inspection due upon lease renewal.
• Enable Assignment Rules to evenly and automatically distribute renewal opportunities based on round-robin logic and team.
Recommended Lease Renewal Workflow Use
• Use the pre-defined segments to filter lease renewal particulars like Lease Modifications, Owner Selling, M2M, and Leases Expiring in 60 Days.
• Checklist Template: Keep track of standardized and granular tasks associated with Lease Renewals by using a checklist template. A general checklist template comes pre-installed with this workflow but you can create your own.
• Move-outs Board: Use in conjunction with the Move-outs Workflow seamlessly moving NTVs from lost renewal opportunities to the Move-outs Workflow.
• Required Fields: Enter values in every field. This contributes to reporting and can be especially helpful when seeking insight into lost reasons. If you find your team is not entering information in each field, considering making more fields required by editing fields.
• Attachments: Add a copy of the lease to the record by using the file upload option. You'll be able to reference it in Aptly in the future -- along with the entire conversation history related to this lease renewal for a single source of truth.