The Leasing Workflow is a template task management board created specifically to manage and track residential leasingefforts. This Workflow comes pre-configured to support communication automation and powerful add-ons that can streamline and optimize your leasing process.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to install, configure, and enrich the Leasingl Workflow
- Communication automation capabilities
- Additional features and add-ons to optimize your Leasing process
Installing and Configuring the Leasing Workflow
Install the Leasing Workflow from the Workflow Gallery. The Workflow will be installed into your Aptly account pre-configured and available to use off-the-shelf.
Configuring your Workflow
Customize your Leasing Workflow by configuring optional settings below:
• Permissions: Restrict the Workflow to a team or set of individuals. Look for the team icon in the upper-right 👪.
• Assignments: Enable round-robin assignment by team. Look for the settings wheel in the upper-right ⚙️ then Assignment Rules.
• Import Leads: Load your Workflow with lead data from another leasing platform report export. Look for the settings wheel in the upper-right ⚙️, select Integrations then Spreadsheet.
• Enable Inbox Workflows: Enrich your Workflow with renewal data from ILS notification emails regarding leasing opportunities. From the Inbox page, go to Inbox Configuration then Inbox Workflows configuring by your inbox and ILS source.
Configuring Automated Communication Workflows
You can review the default communication templates that are included with the Leasing Workflow and used for automated communication upon install here.
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Workflow Communication Templates
Go to your Communication settings page and locate the Communication Templates with the topic: Leasing. These are the pre-installed Communication Templates that come with the Workflow.
These Communication Templates are general enough to be used without editing but if you'd like to add additional merge fields, attachments, or information specific to your business, edit (or add) Communication Templates before using this messaging.
Communication Automation Workflows
The Leasing Workflow supports automated communication. Add the Leasing Communication Templates to the Workflow by designating the trigger, recipient, and message.
Leasing Workflow Best Practices
Review our recommended enhancements and usage and better understand the intended optimal use of the Leasing Workflow.
• Integrate your Workflow with Calend.ly to allow prospects to self-schedule showings.
• Create an Integrated Chatbot automatically adding web-visitors who are interested in your properties as leads to your Leasing Workflow.
• Enable Assignment Rules to evenly and automatically distribute leasing opportunities based on round-robin logic and team.
Recommended Leasing Workflow Use
• Use the pre-defined segments to filter leasing particulars like Retarget List, No Recent Updates, and Resident Referrals
• Checklist Template: Keep track of standardized and granular tasks associated with Leasing by using a checklist template. A general checklist template comes pre-installed with this workflow but you can create your own.
• Move-in Board: Move all won opportunities to the Move-in Workflow seamlessly transitioning the leasing opportunity to a new tenant move-in task.
• Required Fields: Enter values in every field. This contributes to reporting and can be especially helpful when seeking insight into lost reasons. If you find your team is not entering information in each field, considering making more fields required by editing fields.
• Attachments: Add a copy of the leasing documentation like photo ID, paycheck stubs, renter's insurance, and background report. You'll be able to reference it in Aptly in the future -- along with the entire conversation history related to this lead for a single source of truth.