The Move-outs Workflow is a template task management board created specifically to manage and track the entire move-out process; from NTV to inspection to make ready to disposition. This Workflow comes pre-configured to support communication automation and powerful add-ons that can streamline and optimize your move-out process.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to install, configure, and enrich the Move-outs Workflow
- Communication automation capabilities
- Additional features and add-ons to optimize your Move-outs process
Installing and Configuring the Move-outs Workflow
Install the Move-outs Workflow from the Workflow Gallery. The Workflow will be installed into your Aptly account pre-configured and available to use off-the-shelf.
Configuring your Workflow
Customize your Move-outs Workflow by configuring optional settings below:
• Permissions: Restrict the Workflow to a team or set of individuals. Look for the team icon in the upper-right 👪.
• Assignments: Enable round-robin assignment by team. Look for the settings wheel in the upper-right ⚙️ then Assignment Rules.
• Import Leads: Load your Workflow with lead data from an move-out report exported from for PMS. Look for the settings wheel in the upper-right ⚙️, select Integrations then Spreadsheet.
• Enable Inbox Workflows: Enrich your Workflow with renewal data from email notifications regarding new NTVs. From the Inbox page, go to Inbox Configuration then Inbox Workflows configuring by your inbox and notification type.
Configuring Automated Communication Workflows
You can review the default communication templates that are included with the Move-outs Workflow and used for automated communication upon install here.
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Workflow Communication Templates
Go to your Communication settings page and locate the Communication Templates with the topic: Move-outs. These are the pre-installed Communication Templates that come with the Workflow.
These Communication Templates are general enough to be used without editing but if you'd like to add additional merge fields, attachments, or information specific to your business, edit (or add) Communication Templates before using this messaging.
Communication Automation Workflows
The Move-outs Workflow supports automated communication. Add the Move-outs Communication Templates to the Workflow by designating the trigger, recipient, and message.
Move-outs Workflow Best Practices
Review our recommended enhancements and usage and better understand the intended optimal use of the Move-outs Workflow.
• Integrate your Workflow with Calend.ly to allow tenants to self-schedule their move-out inspection.
• Integrate a webform for NTVs; add the link to the webform in a Communication Template and send submissions directly to your Move-outs Workflow
• Enable Assignment Rules to evenly and automatically distribute new move-out tasks based on round-robin logic and team.
Recommended Move-outs Workflow Use
• Use the pre-defined segments to filter move-out particulars like Rented, Selling, Inspections in Next 24 Hrs, and Dispos Due in 7 Days.
• Checklist Template: Keep track of standardized and granular tasks associated with move-outs by using a checklist template. A general checklist template comes pre-installed with this workflow but you can create your own.
• Required Fields: Enter values in every field. This contributes to reporting and can be especially helpful when seeking insights. If you find your team is not entering information in each field, considering making more fields required by editing fields.
• Lease Renewal Workflow: Use in conjunction with the Lease Renewal Workflow seamlessly moving NTVs from lost renewal opportunities to the Move-outs Workflow.
• Attachments: Add a copy of the move-out inspection or security deposit disposition report by using the file upload option. You'll be able to reference it in Aptly in the future -- along with the entire conversation history related to this lead for a single source of truth.