The Move-ins Workflow is a template task management board created specifically to manage and track the entire move-ins process. This Workflow comes pre-configured to support communication automation and powerful add-ons that can streamline and optimize your move-ins process.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to install, configure, and enrich the Move-ins Workflow
- Communication automation capabilities
- Additional features and add-ons to optimize your Move-ins process
Installing and Configuring the Move-ins Workflow
Install the Move-ins Workflow from the Workflow Gallery. The Workflow will be installed into your Aptly account pre-configured and available to use off-the-shelf.
Configuring your Workflow
Customize your Move-ins Workflow by configuring optional settings below:
• Permissions: Restrict the Workflow to a team or set of individuals. Look for the team icon in the upper-right 👪.
• Assignments: Enable round-robin assignment by team. Look for the settings wheel in the upper-right ⚙️ then Assignment Rules.
• Import Leads: Load your Workflow with lead data from an move-ins report exported from for PMS. Look for the settings wheel in the upper-right ⚙️, select Integrations then Spreadsheet.
• Enable Inbox Workflows: Enrich your Workflow with renewal data from email notifications regarding new move-ins. From the Inbox page, go to Inbox Configuration then Inbox Workflows configuring by your inbox and notification type.
Configuring Automated Communication Workflows
You can review the default communication templates that are included with the Move-ins Workflow and used for automated communication upon install here.
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Workflow Communication Templates
Go to your Communication settings page and locate the Communication Templates with the topic: Move-ins. These are the pre-installed Communication Templates that come with the Workflow.
These Communication Templates are general enough to be used without editing but if you'd like to add additional merge fields, attachments, or information specific to your business, edit (or add) Communication Templates before using this messaging.
Communication Automation Workflows
The Move-ins Workflow supports automated communication. Add the Move-ins Communication Templates to the Workflow by designating the trigger, recipient, and message.
Move-ins Workflow Best Practices
Review our recommended enhancements and usage and better understand the intended optimal use of the Move-ins Workflow.
• Integrate your Workflow with Calend.ly to allow tenants to self-schedule their move-in inspection.
• Enable Assignment Rules to evenly and automatically distribute new move-ins tasks based on round-robin logic and team.
Recommended Move-ins Workflow Use
• Use the pre-defined segments to filter move-ins particulars like Move-in in 24 Hours.
• Checklist Template: Keep track of standardized and granular tasks associated with move-ins by using a checklist template. A general checklist template comes pre-installed with this workflow but you can create your own.
• Required Fields: Enter values in every field. This contributes to reporting and can be especially helpful when seeking insights. If you find your team is not entering information in each field, considering making more fields required by editing fields.
• Leasing Workflow: Use in conjunction with the Leasing Workflow seamlessly moving all signed leases to the Move-ins Workflow.
• Attachments: Add a copy of the move-in inspection. You'll be able to reference it in Aptly in the future -- along with the entire conversation history related to this lead for a single source of truth.