Follow the below report export specifications to export your move-outs from Appfolio sending them to Aptly. Aptly will automatically create new move-out cards adding them to a dedicated move-out board or update existing cards.
Using Appfolio's scheduled report feature, this move-outs will be sent to Aptly without no-to-little human intervention.
In this article, you'll learn:
- Where to send your scheduled report to import it into Aptly automatically
- How to export and schedule move-outs from Appfolio in a way Aptly can accept and import them
Locate and Copy your Aptly Import Email Address
From the Location page in Aptly, go to your board settings >> Integrations >> Appfolio. Copy the scheduled report email address at the bottom of this pane:
Export and Scheduled Move-outs from Appfolio
From the Tenant Ticker report in Appfolio, create a "move-out" report by extracting the following fields:
Date, Event, Property, Unit, Tags, Tenant, Tenant Phone, Tenant Email, Rent, Lease From, Lease To, Deposit
Create a new scheduled this report:
- In the name field, type "move-out"
- From the drop down under saved reports, click "move-out"
- From the drop down under Format, select CSV
- In the recipient field, paste the email address provided by Aptly (this should be on your clipboard)
- Type anything into the message field
- From the frequency drop down, select Daily
- Click Save