Auto-assigning takes the worry out of a huge question many teams have when it comes to tasks- WHO is going to tend to that?
Set up these auto-assigning features and then you won't have to worry about the WHO anymore!
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Assign a Card to a Team Member
- Assign a Section to a Team Member
- Assign a Task to a Team Member
Assigning a Card to a Team Member
- First, we will need to visit our Aptlet boards to assign Cards!
- Select the Settings ⚙️ icon in the top, right hand corner of the board, then go to Assignment Rules.
- Five options for assignments should appear-
- Manual Assignment - This option allows you to manually assign the card to a
User once it's been made
- Specific User - This option assigns all new cards to one specific User within
- Round Robin (All Users) - This option assigns cards within a round robin order to
ALL Users within the site
- Round Robin (By Team) - This option assigns cards within a round robin order to
those Users within a specific team group
- Specific Contact Field - This option assigns cards to those Users who appear
within a contact field of the card
4. Select one of the the Assignment Rules options and click Save!
Assigning a Section to a Team Member
- This assignment can be made in two places within the Aptlet Boards; the first place is through the Settings > Customize Columns. And the second is through the List View. In both places, we are looking for a field type that has a yellow, double-sided arrow next to it.
In the Customize Columns place, select the three vertical dots, then select Edit.
In the List View place, select the three vertical dots, then select Customize
2. Once you've selected the above pathways, you should arrive to a pop up box,
similar to the one below:
3. Enable the button for "Section Is a Task" and the five options for assignments
4. Select one of the the Section Auto Assignment options and click Save!
Assigning a Task to a Team Member
- To determine how Team Members will be assigned tasks, we must be in a Aptlet Board Card.
- Find the Create a Task field of the card and create the tasks you want
- Once all tasks have been created, click on the three vertical dots next to
- Select Save As Template and a pop up box, similar to the one shown below, should appear:
5. Title your Task Template and check the Include Assignees button
6. The five options for assignments should appear, select one and click Save!