In this article, you'll learn:
- How to install, configure, and enrich the Move Outs Workflow
- How to configure and publish your Propertyware Move Out report
- Creating new move outs automatically by integrating your published Propertyware report
Installing and Configuring the Move Out Workflow from the Template Gallery
To get started, install the Propertyware Move Out templates from the Workflow Gallery by following these steps:
Click the Add a Board button from the Workflows section
- Click Created from gallery
- Search for the template Move Outs Propertyware
- Click the Use Template button to install it in your account
Creating and Configuring Your Propertyware Move Out Report
Once you've installed the Propertyware Move Out template from the Aptly Template Gallery, you will need to create a new move out report in Propertyware. This report will be published and used to create new cards on your Aptly Move Out board. To create your Propertyware Move Out report, follow these steps:
Prior to getting started, we recommend creating a New Folder for your Aptly reports called Aptly in Propertyware.
1️⃣ From with your Propertyware account, click Reports and New Report
2️⃣ Choose the Lease Reports folder and then Leases for the report type.
Name your report Aptly- Move Outs and add to a folder.
3️⃣ Choose the following fields to include in your report from the columns picker on the left:
We strongly recommend including these fields so we can map the data to the right information in your Aptly account:
- BUILDING ENTITY ID
- PRIMARY CONTACT EMAIL
- PRIMARY CONTACT FIRST NAME
- PRIMARY CONTACT HOME PHONE
- PRIMARY CONTACT LAST NAME
- PRIMARY CONTACT MOBILE
- PRIMARY CONTACT WORK PHONE
- # LATE
- # NSF
- END DATE
- LEASE NAME
- MANAGERS OR PRIMARY PROPERTY MANAGER
- MOVE-IN DATE
- NOTICE GIVEN DATE
- REASON FOR LEAVING
- SCHEDULED MOVE OUT DATE
- START DATE
- VACATED DATE
Lease: Tenant Ledger
- 0-30 DAYS PAST DUE
- 31-60 DAYS PAST DUE
- 61-90 DAYS PAST DUE
- 90 DAYS PAST DUE
- DEPOSIT HELD
- LAST PAYMENT DATE
4️⃣ Filter your reports to only display leases that have given Notice to Vacate. Your filter can customized to capture only certain properties or other criteria to only displays certain cards on your Aptly board.
Click Apply to filter the report data.
5️⃣ Click the Save button to ensure your changes are not lost.
6️⃣ Publish your Propertyware report and copy the API URL. You will need this to integrate the report data in Aptly.
Connecting Your Propertyware Report to a Aptly Move Out Board
Once you have created your Propertyware Move Out report and copied the API URL, return to your Aptly Move Out board and click on the ⚙️Settings icon in the upper right corner.
Paste your URL into the field and click the Enable switch. You will see the options in the Update on Field change populate. Choose the Lease Name option from the dropdown and then click the Import Now button.
Your Propertyware data will start streaming in momentarily, creating new cards on your board.
Configuring Automated Communication Workflows
You can review the default communication templates that are included with the Move-outs Workflow and used for automated communication upon install here.
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Workflow Communication Templates
Go to your Communication settings page and locate the Communication Templates with the topic: Move-outs. These are the pre-installed Communication Templates that come with the Workflow.
These Communication Templates are general enough to be used without editing but if you'd like to add additional merge fields, attachments, or information specific to your business, edit (or add) Communication Templates before using this messaging.
Communication Automation Workflows
The Move-outs Workflow supports automated communication. Add the Move-outs Communication Templates to the Workflow by designating the trigger, recipient, and message.
Other Move Outs Workflow Best Practices
• Integrate your Workflow with Calend.ly to allow tenants to self-schedule their move-out inspection.
• Integrate a webform for NTVs; add the link to the webform in a Communication Template and send submissions directly to your Move-outs Workflow
• Enable Assignment Rules to evenly and automatically distribute new move-out tasks based on round-robin logic and team.
Recommended Move-outs Workflow Use
• Use the pre-defined segments to filter move-out particulars like Rented, Selling, Inspections in Next 24 Hrs, and Dispos Due in 7 Days.
• Checklist Template: Keep track of standardized and granular tasks associated with move-outs by using a checklist template. A general checklist template comes pre-installed with this workflow but you can create your own.
• Required Fields: Enter values in every field. This contributes to reporting and can be especially helpful when seeking insights. If you find your team is not entering information in each field, considering making more fields required by editing fields.
• Lease Renewal Workflow: Use in conjunction with the Lease Renewal Workflow seamlessly moving NTVs from lost renewal opportunities to the Move-outs Workflow.
• Attachments: Add a copy of the move-out inspection or security deposit disposition report by using the file upload option. You'll be able to reference it in Aptly in the future -- along with the entire conversation history related to this lead for a single source of truth.